The Puzzling Piece iPad Challenge: Free iPads For Autistic Children

Melissa Winter, a mom and founder of The Puzzling Piece, recently e-mailed me and asked if I would spread the word about their new iPad Challenge.  I felt that it would benefit many of you, so I agreed – The Puzzling Piece is giving people the chance to win a free iPad for a child with autism – all they have to do is put a little work into it!

puzzling piece free ipad challenge

The Puzzling Piece started as a school fundraiser, when Melissa decided to make glass puzzle piece necklaces for her son Max’s special education school.  (He is six years old and has autism – Melissa also has a three year old son.)  They were a hit, and the mom loved making the jewelry pieces, so she turned a budding idea into a flourishing business.  The Puzzling Piece now sells glass necklaces, metal bracelets, and more online.  If you’d like to check out their products, jump on over to The Puzzling Piece.

The iPad Challenge was an idea that sprouted from Max’s experience with an iPad: Melissa claims that it opened doors for him that had never been opened before.  This is what we here at Autism Plugged In strive to do by giving you reviews of the best apps for these children on the spectrum, but we realize that many of our readers are not in the financial position to go out and buy an iPad.  The iPad challenge gives you the chance to get an iPad for free, but requires that you sell The Puzzling Piece merchandise.  If you can sell 60 products, which shouldn’t be too difficult if you ask around, you will be sent a BRAND NEW iPAD FOR YOUR CHILD WHO HAS AUTISM!  If you’re interested, jump on over to The Puzzling Piece’s iPad Challenge.

UPDATE:  Enter our contest today to win a beautiful Puzzling Piece Necklace!

Tags:

Previous post: • Next post:

11 Responses to The Puzzling Piece iPad Challenge: Free iPads For Autistic Children

1. [...]  I’m happy to announce Autism Plugged In’s first contest EVER!  I recently posted on The Puzzling Piece and its new iPad Challenge, and I have decided to take this a step further.  Melissa, the founder and mom of The Puzzling [...]

2. kylie on January 15, 2012 at 11:00 pm

I have too boys with needs and don’t have the cash to buy them one each as they fight a lot my number is 0419232175

3. Dean Marie Lofaso on October 11, 2012 at 2:42 pm

I just started for my son “Adam”. cannot wait to see how many sells under his name.

• Jack Kieffer on October 13, 2012 at 8:17 am

Spread the word to as many people as you can! Good luck!

4. christina carson on May 7, 2014 at 1:05 pm

I’m was wondering if I can help make or sell these for you mothers with son/or daughters that are autistic ? if so how can I get involved? without sound weird I love children that are autistic I took take of one off and on and I grown to love him so much ! and now I find my self sharing in autism awareness as much as I can . I wud love to buy one of the bracelets if not more to help out can someone get back to me please!

• Anonymous on July 15, 2014 at 9:16 pm

I have a 4 yr old son Zach with autism that I would love to get an iPad for to help him to communicate.

• Kim on July 15, 2014 at 9:29 pm

I have a 4 yr old Zachariah that I believe an iPad could be very helpful with his communication skills. I would appreciate any help I can get. Thank you.

5. […] The Puzzling Piece iPad Challenge: Free iPads For Autistic … – The Puzzling Piece offers a way for parents to earn free iPads for autistic children…. […]

Your email address will not be published.

six × 6 =

Proloquo2Go iPad Demo – Click Below to Watch!

Proloquo2Go iPad Demo – Watch It Now!

Who’s Behind Autism Plugged In?

Who’s Behind Autism Plugged In?

My name is Jack Kieffer and I'm a blogger sharing my love of technology at blogs like Cool Gizmo Toys, Greenamajigger, and here at Autism Plugged In where I'm trying to make a difference in the lives of children with autism.

Several years ago, I began volunteering with special needs kids, who gave me much joy and an appreciation for life. This blog is my way of giving back. Any proceeds from this effort are used to support my friends with autism. Read more about Jack or connect with him on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn.